Makes 8 doughnuts
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon cold brew coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup protein powder (I used vanilla ON Protein Energy)
- ¼ cup Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the glaze
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Grease your doughnut pan WELL! Otherwise those suckers aren’t coming out nicely….
- Place pumpkin, maple syrup, ghee, eggs, cold brew coffee, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add protein powder, gluten free flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda & powder, and salt and mix again until smooth.
- Fill the doughnut pan until about ½ full or so. They will expand a bit. It’s easier to get them out if they don’t overflow…Cook for 12-15 min.
- Mix together all ingredients for glaze in a bowl. Drizzle over doughnuts as they cool on a wire rack. Eat!